A beautiful smile with well-aligned teeth can do wonders for your confidence and your overall wellbeing. And fortunately, achieving that straight, radiant smile you desire is easier than ever with Invisalign. Read on to learn why more people are turning to these convenient clear and removable aligners to straighten their teeth.
What are Invisalign clear aligners?
A popular alternative to braces, Invisalign is a removable, transparent aligner made of thin and hard plastic. Your aligner is custom-made to fit snugly over your teeth. It’s created through the use of computer technology: a special scanner is used to take a 3D image of your teeth. This computerized model is then used to construct the aligner, and allows your dentist to create a personalized treatment plan.
Wearing the aligner
Your aligner must be worn 20 to 22 hours a day. However, you are able to remove the aligner to eat, brush and floss. Every two weeks or so, you will switch your aligner for a new one. And with each new aligner, you move closer to the fabulous smile you’re aiming for!
The Advantages of Straightening Your Teeth with Invisalign
Straightening your teeth with Invisalign is simple! Here are five reasons why:
1. Invisalign clear aligners are discreet: Being thin and transparent, your Invisalign aligner is hardly noticeable to others, and shouldn’t cause you to feel self-conscious. This makes Invisalign a particularly popular choice for teens and adults.
2. The removable aligners make eating is easy: Eating when you have braces can be challenging. However, since you remove Invisalign when you eat, you can enjoy your meals as you normally would – including those hard or tacky foods you love!
3. Brushing with Invisalign is a breeze: Maintaining your regular oral hygiene routine is easy with Invisalign. You simply remove your aligner to brush and floss your teeth just as you always have, which is great news for your overall oral health.
4. Invisalign is gentle on your gums: The Invisalign aligners are made with a smooth thermoplastic material that is gentle on your gums and shouldn’t cause you any discomfort.
5. Your aligners work quickly: The Invisalign treatment process tends to be a smooth and predictable one, thanks to the precision of the computerized planning. On average, aligning your teeth with Invisalign aligners only takes about a year.
Call us for Invisalign treatment in Winnipeg
The team at Garden City Dental Centre is able to provide you with all the information you need to decide if Invisalign is the right solution for you. For quality dental service in Winnipeg, contact us today to schedule an appointment!