If the smile you have is not the smile you want, you don’t need to settle. You can transform your smile by making subtle changes to the colour, shape, size, spacing, and alignment of your teeth using porcelain veneers in Winnipeg. Those subtle changes to one or more of those factors may be enough to produce the smile you’re hoping for — quickly, easily, and painlessly.
What are porcelain veneers?
Veneers are shells that have been custom-made to fit onto your teeth. They’re made from porcelain that translucent in the same way as your teeth, and that reflects light just like your natural, healthy teeth. Veneers can cover one or more teeth to change their colour, shape, size, and length.
How do you get veneers?
Transforming your smile with porcelain veneers in Winnipeg is as easy as attending two appointments at a dentist near you.
At your first appointment, your dentist will carefully measure your teeth to gather all the information to craft a veneer (or several) just for you. The underside of that veneer will fit seamlessly over your tooth or teeth, while the outside projects the ideal profile you want to the outside world. You and your dentist will work together to choose the best shape and colour to achieve your goals and blend naturally with your remaining teeth, gums, lips, and smile. That first appointment will end with your dentist removing a small amount of enamel from your teeth, so that your new veneers will lay perfectly in their intended spots.
At your second appointment for porcelain veneers in Winnipeg, the dentist will confirm that the veneers fit perfectly and achieve your goals. Then, the veneers will be bonded powerfully to your teeth where they may remain and project your new smile for — with careful attention and proper maintenance — for a decade or more.
The biggest advantages of porcelain veneers
Porcelain veneers can transform the size, shape, spacing, alignment, and colour of otherwise healthy teeth without contouring, orthodontic work, whitening, or bleaching. Veneers are an effective and versatile solution for people who wish to make small cosmetic changes that deliver enormous impacts on your smile, appearance, and confidence.
- Porcelain veneers from a dentist near you are so thin that you won’t feel them on your teeth, no matter how often you run your tongue over them.
- Porcelain veneers are not DIY on-and-off retail options that work like dentures. They’re powerfully bonded to your teeth with specially designed materials to attach them to professionally prepared teeth.
- As long as you take care of them properly and avoid things like chewing pencils and biting your fingernails, veneers can last for 10 to 20 years.
- Porcelain’s unique characteristics makes it the ideal material for crafting veneers that will blend naturally with your face while transforming your smile.
- Porcelain is highly stain resistant, but also can not be whitened. That means that your dentist in Winnipeg will recommend that you have all your teeth professionally cleaned before you choose the colour of your veneers so that they will always blend seamlessly with your teeth at their very cleanest.
- Caring for your veneers is easy — just do all the things you’ll do to maintain your oral health anyway. Brush after eating. Floss daily. Mouthwash regularly. Attend dental checkups twice a year. Have your teeth professionally cleaned annually. It’s as easy as that.
If you’re ready to upgrade your smile and say goodbye to any characteristics of your teeth that are holding you back — from colour, shape, size, and spacing to alignment — contact us to find out if you’re a good candidate for porcelain veneers in Winnipeg. Your dentist in Winnipeg can offer an entire menu of cosmetic dentistry options to help you finally have the smile of your dreams.