Are you thinking of getting a dental bridge so you can smile with confidence again? Did you know that countless people start this life-changing journey to restore their smiles every year by visiting a dental clinic in Winnipeg for restorative treatment?
Dental bridges are a unique solution to address a missing tooth or several absent teeth. This standardized process allows patients to not only address highly visible gaps in their smile but its aesthetic appearance too.
You have every right to show off a sparkling, fully functional smile. To learn more about dental bridges and whether you are an ideal candidate for this method, you’ll need to contact a dentist near you and book a preliminary consultation.
Installing a Dental Bridges
Though there are 4 types of bridges that your dentist can recommend, the best prosthetic depends on your needs and preferences. In general teams, dental bridges are composed of a pontic (artificial tooth) which occupies in the socket and two abutments (dental crowns) that fasten onto the teeth bordering the gap. These pieces keep the pontic in position, therebying solidifying its sturdy foundation.
In some cases, patients can receive a removable dental bridge, also called a partial denture, or a bridge that rests atop implants.
How Durable Are Dental Bridges?
Dental bridges can be made from a variety of materials, and the material selection has a big influence on how durable they are. Here are a few typical choices:
- Porcelain-fused-to-metal (PFM): bridges provide a wonderful compromise between sturdiness and aesthetics. The porcelain exterior mimics the colour and appearance of natural teeth, while the metal core offers durability.
All-Ceramic: These bridges are renowned for their amazing capacity to resemble the appearance of real teeth. They are a well-liked option for the visible front teeth because they are sturdy and long-lasting.
Metal: Metal bridges are highly strong and resistant to wear, despite not being as aesthetically beautiful as other options.
Selecting the ideal material for your unique needs and aesthetic preferences is the secret to durability.
Dental Bridge Maintenance Advice
We can discuss dental bridge maintenance like a trustworthy buddy. Exploring dental bridges in Winnipeg? We have the ideal solutions conveniently near you. Your dental bridge needs maintenance to stay in good working order, just like that reliable vehicle in your garage.
Dental Hygiene: The Usual Procedures
- Brushing. Like your natural teeth, your bridge also benefits from regular brushing. To clean the bridge and the surrounding teeth, use a soft-bristle brush and fluoride toothpaste. Brush diligently but lightly.
- Flossing. To keep those difficult-to-reach places clean, flossing is essential. To reach the spaces between your teeth and under the bridge, use a floss threader or specialized bridge floss.
Special Care for Your Particular Bridge
- Mouthwash. Your bridge may find the best antibacterial mouthwash to be its best buddy. It can aid in reducing plaque and avoiding gum problems. Follow the instructions for rinsing, and be sure to swirl under the bridge.
- Routine dental examinations. Consider your dentist to be the personal trainer for your bridge. They’ll check that everything is in excellent condition and clean your bridge to a high standard.
Be Careful What You Eat
- Be gentle. Steer clear of crunching down on items like jawbreaker nuts, hard sweets, or ice. Although your bridge is sturdy, it is not unbreakable.
- Your bridge and teeth are not tools. Avoid using them to bite on pens or open packages. Your bridge merits greater reverence!
- Balanced diet. A good diet with vitamins and minerals keeps your gums and teeth healthy, which improves your bridge.
- Stay hydrated. Drinking enough water keeps your mouth moist and removes food particles and bacteria that can cause tooth problems. Think of it as the water fountain on your bridge.
- Stop smoking. Smoking damages dental bridges twice. Stains and weakens. Your bridge is the perfect excuse to give up if you need one!
Keeping your dental bridge in good shape just requires some routine TLC. It will provide you with years of service if you treat it like a valued component of your smile.
Your Smile Journey Starts with Garden City Dental Centre
If you’re searching for dental bridges near you, you’ve come to the right place. At our neighborhood dental center, we offer convenient and practical solutions for smile restoration. For more information, or if you’re ready to take the next step and schedule an appointment to receive customized prosthetic, give us a call when you can!